The oldest narrow fabric manufacturer in Sluknov district was Joseph Schorisch company, established in 1803. In 1924 he teamed up with Joseph Staude and the two companies worked closely together. Production was focused on the shoe laces, products for footwear and clothing industries. Both companies also introduced production of zippers. Companies housed in Velky Senov to the point where it is now STAP a. s., plant no. 2.
In 1840 was founded in Vilemov company Franz Josef Richter. A branch plant was in Vienna in Austria. Successful company specialized in the production of straps, smooth ribbons and later zips. At the end of the 19th century was extended enterprise of mechanical weaving factory. The company also had its own dyehouse. In the years 1957 - 1965 the building was already under the name n.p. STAP reconstructed and their appearance is almost identical to the present time.
The company Petters and Kumpf was founded in 1902. Shareholders Josef Emanuel Petters who was also the owner of a local bleach and Heinrich Kumpf from Stare Krecany, who previously worked as a foreman in a compiting weaving mill of F. J. Richter. Heinrich Kumpf was considered a great expert in the field of narrow fabrics, even the Head of the Federation of German Industries, based in Teplice.
The art of Czech weavers excelled in particular in a special branch of the textile industry, in the weaving of ribbons and narrow textile materials. This weaving craft prospered most in the northern border regions of Czech lands, where the original generations of experienced German and Czech weavers cooperated naturally.
In this period – the 1920s and 1930s – the large companies began to gradually emerge thanks to the amalgamation of small private workshops. The basic production program of that time consisted of traditional elements of the popular culture in the form of Jacquard decorative ribbons. This production program was gradually broadened by a wide range of plain and adjusting bands, including webbing belts and braids. This structure of the production lasted in the essence until the period about 1948, when the STAP company came into existence by the merger of several independent entities.